Lost In Transition
It's been a while since I've written an article (saying this for the Nth time lol) and now I'm back, asking for your attention and time once again. I don't know what the theme or the sentiment of this article will be, but I'll try to make it worth the read.
We're all lost. Lost in our thoughts, lost in our ideas, lost in our one-dimensional perspectives, lost in our insecurities and fears. But why am I talking about this? Because we're stuck, stuck in this loop of being lost. Our lives are moving ahead, and things are happening, but we're stagnant in our minds, in our ideas, and in our emotions and feelings. But the main question is why? Why are we stuck, why are we lost?
I think it's because of an incomplete feeling, incomplete situations, and incomplete conversations, be it with our own self or others. A person starts feeling lost when there's a sense of confusion, resentment, self-loathing, or even distrust.
We're lost because we lost someone, someone dear to us. Someone we spent a lot of time with. Someone we just instantly clicked with. We're lost because of not taking a break, we're lost because of overwhelming emotions, we're lost because of being alone, we're lost. We're lost because we didn't get closure, we're lost because we didn't understand "why did they stop talking to me?", we're lost because we miss them, we're lost.
Days go by, things are happening, lives of people around you are changing, yet somehow you're still where you were, thinking about nothing but something and no one but someone. How do we move on? How do we not be lost? How do we break this pattern and just break free? We all have been in this situation, right? A smile on the outside, and pieces of a shattered heart and mind within? A constant conflict between reality and imagination. Wanting freedom versus being slaves of our own thoughts and emotions.
We can move on though. Often times we think about the things we SHOULD be feeling instead of the things we ARE feeling. Often times we punish ourselves and are hard on ourselves because, in the whole wide world, that's the only thing that seems in our control(and at the same time not). I think we often forget to acknowledge the now and the present and we're stuck either in the past with those situations we encountered or the future and the things that we should be feeling. But by doing this, we're just making ourselves more miserable and why do that to ourselves? Sorry if any of this is giving you BT btw(wassup my Gen Z gang).
It's time to bid adieu, it's time to try to acknowledge what we're feeling and why we're feeling it. Someone once told me, "It's okay if others don't understand you, but what's dangerous is if you don't understand yourself". So let's make that our motto, shall we? To try to understand ourselves, to try to acknowledge the feeling of being lost. There's this quote that says, "It's important to lose yourself and be lost before you find yourself".
Before you lose interest in this article(which I'm sure you already have, or not? *Eyeraising emoji*) let's wrap it up. I guess the sentiment of this article was to "not be lost", sounds simple but -
I hope this article was worth your time. If you're feeling lost and alone, I guarantee you, you're not alone. You're like an everyday traveler of Mumbai Local, you'll travel in silence and curse and rant to yourself, just until you find a fellow traveler whom you will soon befriend and bond with, over your hatred for the Mumbai Local :)
Thank you.
For real
ReplyDeleteBeautiful ✨
ReplyDeletewow🥹
ReplyDeleteWow bro, those were some real words out there .... A real truth that we fear, you did a great work with this article bring out the truth and i hope many people read this n find this helpful
ReplyDeleteGreat work buddy !
Wow!! Amazing👏
ReplyDeleteWow bro
ReplyDeleteYou have spoken some real stuff here
Reading this really made me think that I'm doing the same exact things written.
Keep it up bro ur doing great. What u have written is truly beautiful 👏👏
Well said mate
ReplyDeleteSo beautifully written🥺🤌🏻
ReplyDeleteWe're all running in circles, chasing our own tails because we have nothing else with us. The memory of the past is just what it is: a memory. We can't change it, we can only live with it. But what we also can do is move on from it and make new, hopefully better memories
ReplyDeleteBeautiful❤️❤️❤️
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work
ReplyDelete