Skip to main content

Self Reminder

 

Self Reminder

Dear Myself,

I know I haven't been able to talk to you in a while. Its just that, Ive been so busy caught up with other people and thoughts that I haven't been able to focus on you. Let's talk about you. When was the last time we spoke? Feels like forever ago, eh? Anyway, I'm so sorry about that, today is about you.

It's been a whole year since we're stuck in this situation of covid and to be honest it hasn't been easy for anyone. Everyone has suffered in some way or the other. I hear that you learnt how to cook? Damnnn that's amazing. But come on, maggi doesnt count as cooking okay? WHATTTTTTTTT? You took up a new hobby? Calligraphy? Singing? Dancing? Tik Toking? Reeling? That's amazing man. I'm so happy for you. You got to spend time with your family? I'm sure you did, after all the times that you did jhadoo pocha at home. Well, tried to. Did you work on yourself? Mentally, physically, emotionally? If you did, I am nothing but proud of you and if you didn't then, it's never too late. Did you make any new friends? AYEEE that's great if you did. It'd be close to impossible to try and survive the lockdown alone. 

How are you doing mentally? If good, then please make an effort to help others around you. At times, the problem is that people are afraid to ask for or seek help. Help them, dont wait for someone to ask you for help. Just offer it to them, make sure people around you know that they can count on you, if they ever need a shoulder to cry on. Be kind:) If you're not doing okay mentally yourself, then it is completely alright. This may sound very hard to believe right now, but it does get better. Solution? Time. The best solution for any god damn problem is time. Give it time. It'll work itself out or you could ask Tommy, Hilfiger it out(Okay I'm really sorry for this joke). It's important to stay in touch, with yourself, your feelings, your emotions, your thoughts. But what's most important is that you don't get lost in them. 

The world can wait and will wait. A very important thing to know is that nothing would be the same without you. NOTHING would be the same if you didn't exist. You have an impact on people's life, knowingly or unknowingly. Make sure it's worth it. I have to go right now but I make a promise to you before signing off. I promise to be in touch with you. I promise to take care of you. I promise to make you feel valued. I promise to love you. Just take care of yourself, okay? 

From Myself.



By Dev Barot.



































Comments

  1. You write so well, D! The way you've written, it's so relatable. πŸ’―❤️😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it is so beautifully written. Your articles are so damn relatable 😊❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome really loved it❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. very well scripted!πŸ’―...appreciate ypur hard work😊....very relatable and important for such times!🀩

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dev sir is back!! πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment