Magic Of Superstitions
In India, we talk about living in a luxurious foreign lifestyle. Drive like the Germans, dress like the Italians and kiss like the French. But what is our originality as Indians? We are very much engaged and engrossed at what's happening at the international level that we tend to ignore the things at the national and country level. You all might have heard your parents say "Its a Saturday don't cut your hair" and so much more. Superstition in India is considered a widespread social problem. Superstition refers to any belief or practice which is explained by supernatural causality.
Let's talk about a few. The most common one I hear people say is that if a black cat crosses your path, it is considered bad luck and literally people stop when they see a black cat. So the irony is, people on the roads can stop when they see a black cat but not when the red traffic light says to do so.
The second one we hear a lot is the twitching of the eye and it is considered inauspicious. This is considered good in some cultures and bad in the others whereas I dont believe in either. Twitching of the eye can be for a reason as simple as stress, alcohol, tiredness, allergies, strain or just dry eyes.
There is another one which says that don't wash your hair on a certain day like Tuesday or Thursday because it is a practice of saving water. Really? Why only these to days? If one really wanted to save water there didn't have to be the belief of not wasting water o particular days. In fact, I believe that if you really want to practice saving water then do it on all days and reduce the use of water as much as possible rather than just not washing your hair.
I personally have to hear this one a lot. You lose your wealth if you shake your legs. I personally have a habit of shaking my legs a lot but I certainly did not lose any money. Because these days shaking your legs isn't just a sign of nervousness, it is also a sign that prosperity will flow away from you!!!
Everyone has their own beliefs and disbeliefs and with this article, I do not intend to hurt anyone's feelings or thoughts but all I am saying is do not let these superstitions rule your mind or do the Black magic to you.
"Feeling my way through the darkness
Guided by a beating heart
I can't tell where the journey will end
But I know where to start
They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream"
Guided by a beating heart
I can't tell where the journey will end
But I know where to start
They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream"
By Dev Barot.

Woahhhh its amazingg, there are people who believe in them which I dont think is right, superstitions are an illusion which over powers faith. You can have faith in them but can't make it a way of living. Very well written. This article will surely open eyes of people who believe in such things 👏👏
ReplyDeleteWow its so well written 👌🏻
ReplyDelete👌👌👌 Very nice ... I love your topicsssss
ReplyDelete