Dear Old Friend
"How are you, my friend? I hope you are in the pink of your health and I hope you're sailing in the boat of happiness and prosperity!" Isn't this introduction nostalgic? It brings you back to the days in the primary section of your school years where you were supposed to write a letter to your friend and this was the typical introduction we had. Well, today I am writing this letter to you (can be anyone) because we've lost touch and I don't know how you've been but this letter is, in general, to remind you of some of the amazing stuff we'd doe when we were still together.
I remember meeting you in the very early grades of school and since then we became inseparable. All these memories are from the times we were toddlers or perhaps really immature and from our childhood and for one last time I'd like to relive those memories. I remember the first day I met you and how we became friends. From dollhouses to football, from chocolates to rocchetti pasta, from painting to scribbling in each other's books, I can't believe that we grew up. I remember that my very first sleepover (Overnight or night stay) was with you and that night is in my heart since then. I remember playing "odd-even" with you (hand cricket) and also hiding under the blankets when our parents checked on us. I remember having sour throats the next morning because of all the chocolate ice cream and cold drinks we stuffed our mouths with. We played games like FIFA and call of duty and Jenga and sequence and life and whatnot and those might actually be the only times that I beat you at something! We've all become slaves of this modern generation candid and selfies and poses but I remember clicking random pictures with you with our hands and legs in the air and our faces hardly visible in the pictures. LOL! (Not Lots of love). I remember making the first sand castle with you on the beach, though I failed at it miserably!
Remember the first time we tried cooking and ended up burning a part of the kitchen? That was hilarious at the moment, although that was followed by loads and loads of shouting by our parents. If I open my childhood album this very moment, I'd find more pictures of you than I would find of me.
I just want to tell you that "I miss you a lot! I know you are busy these days but I still remember the days when you were busy only with me. Maybe life got crazy and a little out of hand but we had a good run and our memories are priceless. I hope everything is going good."
"I'll be there for you
When the rain starts to pour,
I'll be there for you
Like I've been there before,
I'll be there for you
Cause you're there for me too"
When the rain starts to pour,
I'll be there for you
Like I've been there before,
I'll be there for you
Cause you're there for me too"
By Dev Barot.
Please note:- This article is dedicated to everyone who has lost a friend in their life and miss them a lot. You can send this article to your friend and remind them of the old memories. Thank you!

This article is so relatable
ReplyDeleteHonestly friends are life lines
Thank you for penning down such a wonderful article ❤
Bro it' awesome!!!! Super heart-touching....... really felt it. ( It literally made me cry) Feel sad leaving school
ReplyDeleteOmggg this is the sweetest thing I have read
ReplyDeleteSuch a nice and realistic piece of writing. Loved it. U actually know wat ur audience feels and wants ✌💕👍👌👌👌
ReplyDeleteAmazing, man 👌👌👌🔥🔥
ReplyDelete