Skip to main content

Yaara teri yaari ko


Yaara Teri Yaari Ko

"One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood". This quote hits me hard each time I realize the kind of friends I have. In this world, no one is perfect and no one will be, but friends complete each other. By 'Friends' I mean the ones you stand with you no matter what, the ones who'll wake up at 3am in the morning just to be there with you when you're crying. Fake friends will be conditional. Lots of people who have gone broke or lost their good health will tell you that they found out who their "real friends" were after their misfortune. Fake friends don't stick around when you have nothing left except for yourself. It's because they didn't want you; they wanted something you had. True friends aren't like this. Many times people who you might not even consider to be that close to you can come out of nowhere and help you in times of crisis, while someone who you've known your whole life can abandon you. These are true friends. It is not necessary that your friendship and trust depends on for how long you've been friends with someone. It depends on who was there for you. A real friend will say bad things about you on your face and will say good things behind your back. Isn't that something everyone wants? I still know so many people who claim to be best friends but don't turn up when you need them. A thousand promises but not even one is completed. 

Truly speaking from my heart, I do not have many friends. I am an introvert but it is rightly said that every introvert is an extrovert to a handful of people. If friends came with a price tag, I wouldn't be able to afford the ones I have currently. I don't think I have any fake friends and even if I do, I wouldn't know. A person who is fake will be a fake friend to everyone. A person who is kind, generous, and trustworthy will be that way even to strangers. If you are too judgemental, you might focus only on the negatives and miss out on some of the finer qualities your friends might possess. People don’t necessarily have to fit into your image of a good person. There are many other ways in which people can be good. Also, if every person in your life fits into your definition of good, chances are that all the people in your life will be alike. If you are eclectic in your views, life will shower on you an abundance of friends.

Image result for friendship quotes
Is there some kind of foolproof universal test for a fake friend that you can use before you get to know someone, though? Unfortunately not really; you'll just have to figure that out on your own over time. It is my sincere request to you that please identify your true friends. While it's important to assess your friends' actions to determine whether or not they're good companions, it is also important to honestly reflect on your own actions. Sometimes we can think of ourselves as good people without sincerely examining how we treat others. It's important to have genuine friends and to be a good friend too.

In any relationship, and especially in friendship, it is important to communicate clearly what you are feeling. Honest communication leads to the right expectations. Always speak frankly about the way you feel. This ensures that your friend understands you for who you are and not the image that she might have created in her mind. It also ensures that there is complete acceptance and trust in the relationship. The more acceptance there is, the easier it is to trust. Eventually, trust is the basis for any strong relationship. But to develop trust you need to communicate clearly and be non-judgemental. Make sure you do your best to nurture the friendship.

I wish you all the best for your future with your friends and I hope you don't get hurt by anyone. Stay healthy and happy and make lots of friends. “Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.

"Yaara teri yaari ko
Maine to khuda mana
Yaad karegi duniya
Tera mera afsana"
By Dev Barot.


Comments

Post a Comment