Love You Zindagi
What exactly does life mean? Life has a different definition in the eyes of different people. For many life is all about love. For a few, life is all about religious practices. For a philosopher like Aristotle life is about happiness: "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." So basically life is not only about happiness as the quotes suggest but life is a mixture of happiness and sadness. In today's world, there are so many people who are sad deep inside but show a fake smile to the world. What can be the reason for this? Innumerable but we can discuss a few of course. There is a high possibility that you may feel left out even while being in a group. This makes you think you are not good enough for everyone. People must be dragging you down. I'm sure all of us have experienced this at some point in our lives and possibly we don't feel that anymore because we're over that period and we're "strong" as one would say. Why let someone feel so miserable in the first place? Before we judge someone else we should make sure that we are perfect. Another reason to be sad is being worried about your figure and body shape. In a society obsessed with the ‘ideal body type’, it is not surprising for many women, even men, to be unhappy with their body image. They tend to compare themselves with the ‘thin ideal’ that is often seen in many magazines and television. Poor body image has driven many women to extreme measures such as starvation, leading to serious eating disorders – this can lead to attempts of committing suicide. Talking about suicide... There are so many people who have tried to commit suicide but were unsuccessful. Should we be happy that they're still alive or should we be sad because we may be one of the reasons for them trying to suicide? Confusing, isn't it?
Moving on to other reasons. Death of a loved one. "Loved one" clearly implicates that that person meant a lot to you but he/she was snatched away from you. Grief is one of the five natural emotions and is completely natural. However, if grief is dealt with incorrectly, it can lead to chronic depression. If grief is handled correctly, it can make one appreciate how short and fleeting life is and to start taking life by the horns. You may have lost your parents or siblings or perhaps your life partner and I completely understand the pain. I know it's not easy to cope with such things. You feel shattered. You feel broken. You feel lonely. I understand. But someday you have to move on. The person who passed away wouldn't want you to be sad. If anyone is having the same feeling of being lost right now, I hope you recover soon because I know you're very strong deep inside.
There are so many more reasons I can ramble about but we don't wanna be sad, do we? You might be thinking that the title reads "Love You Zindagi" but all I'm talking about is sadness. I'll come to happy things too. Remember this as you read along. There are a million reasons to be sad but there are infinite things to be happy about. Something will always pinch you but you have to be positive. If you're positive in a negative situation, you win! If you put a smile on someone else's face, you win! If you make yourself happy, you win! If you make your parents happy, you win! If you beat your fears and be positive, you win! I can go on and on and on and on and I won't get tired. Happiness is all that matters. Sadness will come but when it goes, happiness is not too far. If winter comes, can spring be far behind? Learn to find small-small things that make you feel happy. Listen to music, be with friends, exercise and crack even the lamest of jokes if they make you happy. Be happy! That's what matters at the end of the day. Go to bed sad, the coming day will be bad. Go to bed happy the coming day will be glad. I hope God gives you all the happiness you deserve. Be strong be happy and spread happiness as much as possible.

"Kehta yeh pal
Khud se nikal
Jeete hain chal
Jeete hain chal
Jeete hain chal"
By Dev Barot.

Wow its amazing... It truly changed my perspective of thinking
ReplyDeleteGood job
ReplyDeleteWorth every minute i spent reading this. Good going!!!
ReplyDeleteVery impressive Dev, such true and wise words from such a young man. I wish I knew all this when I was your age. Well done Dev 😘
ReplyDeleteI wonder God has given you such a heart & mind to see & understand an important aspect , I pray that you keep writing like this always
ReplyDelete